Thread: Question A discussion on spoilers.
View Single Post
Old 2012-07-18, 09:33   Link #85
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmeNoJaku View Post
Now specifically for Jinrui, I haven't read the novels myself, but because the official english translation has a lot of issues, especially with the last episode, as well as with Joshiraku and quite probably Ebiten, I think that some clarifications are necessary, whether they come from novel or japanese language/culture knowledge... technically these are perceived and thoughtlessly reported as a spoiler, since they pertain information not presented to the english-only-speaking fans, but have been part of the anime. This I found particulalry helpful with Joshiraku, when a poster explained some wordplays, which were overlocalized. Vice versa, in Jinrui when I had to explain a couple of times some cultural/language issues that were ignored (tori kanji and manga vs doujinshi)
Well, to be clear, we do allow novel comparisons for episodes that have already-aired, provided it's behind properly-labelled spoiler tags. So this type of "clarification" is okay, and I personally agree can be useful and valuable. So, on this front, no problem, so long as it's labelled and tagged properly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmeNoJaku View Post
As for the episode titles of Jinrui, despite the rules here which I accept, still I see the complain quite paranoid... by the same reasoning a show's title itself spoils events not yet presented since it alludes to the process that brought mankind in the circumstances presented thus far.
Well, again, I don't think I have enough information about the situation to fully understand it. In my simplistic (uninformed) view, it seems like it should be possible to just show the order of the episodes by number not title/volume/chapter, until each episode airs. That way, the order is made clear, but the details are left to be discovered... But again, I don't really know the show, so if it's better explained, perhaps I can come up with a better suggestion.