Thread: Halo 2
View Single Post
Old 2004-05-19, 22:50   Link #29
MwyC

Send a message via AIM to MwyC Send a message via MSN to MwyC
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftStar
1. Movement. I just find moving, dodging and strafing to be easier with a controller. It may be because I am just not used to the mouse and keyboard yet but I can avoid a Hunter easier on the XBOX than on the pc.
2. Button usage. Once again, this just may be my being unnacustomed to using the keyboard but sometimes I cant find the button I need in the heat of battle. With a contoller, I know exactly where every button is and what it does instinctively.
3. Aiming. A lot of people say that they like that fact that the mouse is so accurate and easy to use. I say, yeah it makes me feel like a badass but it's a little too easy. Swinging around the gun with a controller makes me feel more like I'm swinging a gun around. I have to level it off and take the shot. Sometimes, based on the situation, I may not be able to get the shot I want and headshots are actually hard to get at times. With a mouse, it's just point and click. I've played about 3 or 4 fps on my pc since I got it and I feel like god.
movement with the controller has more of a 'gliding' feel to aim and shoot
PC is much more precise and more 'aim-y' to its shooting and movement
and uh...pressing a thumbstick is a bit different from using a gun
i guess it could be likened to that if you always hold the gun from the shoulder and rotate like that, but holding the gun from the hip and bringing it up to fire provides better results...if not in a position where you expect enemy contact
and if you do practice with handling the guns, it is possible to look at a target, snap your gun up and have the sights pretty much aligned with the target without much readjustment

red....faction.... that game sucked.
horrible ai, stupid story and stupidly easy
and the new stuff in halo 2 has pretty much all been done in other games
so nothing amazingly new in that
MwyC is offline   Reply With Quote