View Single Post
Old 2010-08-18, 14:21   Link #56
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
not really...
Halibel was NOT a normal Vasto Lorde, she was an arrancarized Vasto Lordo which should be WAY stronger (not to mention that hitsugaya is arguably one of the weaker captains). By all means she should have wiped the floor with Hitsugaya quite easily, much like how Grimjow beat the living shit out of non-vizard ichigo

In fact the first grimjow vs ichigo fight illustrates well how these fights SHOULD have gone down if the power levels made sense. Ichigo was captain level himself, just below byakuya in terms of strength, and yet even with Bankai he did not have a prayer against a non-released Grimjow... Now Stark and Halibel, being even stronger than Grimjow, SHOULD have been able to do the same, completely storming the battlefield without even the need to release their true power. Releasing would have meant an instant game over for the SS captains...

In the end, it really should have been the vizard captains that should have really saved the day... between vizard masks, and their Bankai, they should have had the strength to do what Ichigo did to Grim when he used HIS vizard powers... and that would be fight toe to toe with their released forms.

Barragan I would say is probably the ONLY espada who has so far lived up to the Vasto Lorde reputation... And not so much because of his aging powers (which are just horribly broken to the point where it is baffling how he hasn't killed Aizen yet), but by the fact that he was able to take a direct hit with Soi fon's Bankai and come out with only a minor (atleast that's how he made it seem) injury... See now THAT's the kind of power I expect from an arrancarized Vasto Lorde, so strong that a captain has trouble doing ANY damage; hell the captains should probably have trouble just landing a hit

Now that i have a hard time buying...
I would expect Stark to have the speed and reflexes to block or dodge such attacks... and Hell, bringing up Barragan again, i would expect Stark to have the defense and stamina to just shrug off such an attack... really are expected to believe that Kyoraku's shikai attack was so vastly stronger than Soi fon's nuke bankai? Compared to Barry's defence, Stark just comes off as weak.
Halibel wasn't a Vasto Lorde. Not even close. Its pretty obvious that Stark, Hallibel, Barragan and Uliquiorra were all natural arrancar that were made even stronger by the orb thingy.

We've yet to see any Vasto Lordes as of yet.

So as it stands its Gillian > Adjuhucas > Arrancar i.e Stark, Barragan etc > Vasto Lorde

The hyugoku gives a massive level of power boost to the one it is used on. Hence its not a surprise that the Stark, Barragan etc were as strong as they were.