View Single Post
Old 2012-10-30, 10:36   Link #327
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
The part about the PV that intrigues me the most is just how little like SHAFT it looks. As someone who is not really a fan of the SHAFT style this can only be a good thing, however it's not the look of it that tends to irk me, but the busy direction and constant camera angle changes and that's kind of hard to tell if it's still there in the PV. Still I didn't see any of the usual close up of head tilts though and one other thing that caught me attention was that the shading was decidedly non-SHAFT as well and almost served to make some of the backgrounds look hand drawn. In short it actually looks really good and almost experimental like a lot of love went into the art work, but whether Shinbo will allow that artwork and style to breath without smothering it with his own directional tendencies is the big remaining question. Hopefully this is a sign that SHAFT is moving in a new direction away from their usual style which I just find off putting and busy, but not that this show will be a pretentious mess. Hopefully it's also something I can be checking out when it airs.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote