View Single Post
Old 2011-08-07, 13:44   Link #407
Agasa

So, i've registered on this forum especially for thanking personally everyone involved in the translation project. I already did it for Ultimatemegax and Yumeka, so it's now your turn:

Thank you, Zyzzyva, and Kaisos Erranon!

As for the subject matter, i have some questions:

a) I was under the impression that Kunikida had a slight crush on Sasaki. We later discover he likes Tsuruya. It's unclear: Did i read wrong, does he like both in a different way, do i need to reread something, or is the wording intentionally ambiguous?
b) Are names generally read with the kun reading? I ask because of the riddle in Yasumi's name. I didn't know that.
c) What does Koizumi mean when he says Haruhi's powers are gradually weakening? I don't think he meant it at face value. Maybe, they're proportional to her emotional instability? That would be quite terrible, and sad, if you think of the implications. But alas, I'm just as good as Kyon when it comes to understanding what Koizumi says, so i ask you some insight.

And now, for the questions only the characters themselves are likely able to answer, but asking here doesn't hurt:
d) Why didn't Suou perform something similar to what Yuki did in Disappearance to swap Haruhi's powers around? Could it be because she's radically different, like the TFEIs mentioned?
e) Why is Kyon's approval so important? Maybe it's not, and all the scenario was orchestrated by some mastermind (Mikuru (big)?), Fujiwara himself was used as a pawn? Was he important just because of the influence he has on Sasaki, maybe?

Excuse me for the wall of text. I'm constantly fearful that if i don't write stuff down, it's going to escape from my head.