View Single Post
Old 2004-06-14, 01:53   Link #7
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Lakers will be able to bring it home to Game 6, and while I still have faith, things are certainly looking grim. Credit go to the Pistons for what they've done...the Lakers are just thoroughly embarrassing throughout the four games so far. But of course, being a Laker fan, I must go with the mandatory "the refs helped the opponents" argument. All joking aside, I do find the officiating to be slightly biased in the Pistons' favor for whatever reason; generally I agree that the refs are on the Lakers' side, but this time they aren't...so THIS is how the rest of those Western Conference team felt. Regardless, credit the Pistons for their nasty pick-n-roll, consistency, offensive rebounding, and aggressive defense; they played hard and great team basketball, and as a basketball fan I admire that.

Tthe Pistons have definitely put a dent to the West's supremacy; the Lakers have not embarrassed the West on its own...it's about time we give props to the underdog for winning, not blame the favorite for losing.
sarcasteak is offline   Reply With Quote