Thread: Crunchyroll Nichijou
View Single Post
Old 2010-12-04, 01:58   Link #51
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Hmm? I thought they only had about sixty employees. Guess they've increased in size recently.

Either way, they only work on one anime ever couple of seasons, unlike JC, BONES, or Sunrise, who usually have at least one or two shows per season, so they must not have very large animation teams...
If you have the time I think you should read this article and after that if you still have time come back and read what I have to say in the next paragraph.

Read the article? Alright, now you might understand why I am about to say that I'm pretty sure the one show a season thing is another myth. For starters, why have four studio buildings if you are not going to be putting them to use to split up teams in order to work on different projects simultaneously? For another, having 10 times the number of regular employees that Sunrise does (and I can't even begin to imagine how many people that is), unless they have a massive group of workers that are idle the majority of the time, they must have some simultaneous projects going on otherwise what the heck are all those people doing? Finally the K-On and Haruhi S2, Haruhi film and K-On season 2 works must have seen some overlap in production since they all came out within the span of about a year. It would certainly go to explain why they have 4 buildings at current count.

Obviously the only way to put this to the mythbuster test is to obtain a log of the companies production schedules, but I'd say that there is a lot more evidence to support the theory that they do have overlapping productions compared to the pure speculation required to come to the conclusion that they don't.

And what does this have to do with Nichijou? Absolutely nothing! So in an effort to not trigger post deletion I will now proceed to shut the hell up.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote