View Single Post
Old 2011-02-14, 21:51   Link #241
Terminator98
Archangelic Demon Vampire
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asuras View Post
Everything you just said only further his assumptions as correct. Belial is a high-powered super-IS. I don't care too much personally, but I certainly would avoid confronting it in any fanfiction; mine or another's.

He meant that it was strange that the cloak could also serve as an I-Field, not that it was strange that an I-Field was present.
To a certain extent, I guess you could call it yes.
My main point is that it is NOT a Super-IS. That thing is powerful yes, but it has a large amount of flaws.

- Due to the overly high power usage, it will melt its weapons down very fast.
- His only ranged weapon is a "Sniper Rifle". Good luck in using that at close range...
- He otherwise has two blades that work like Yukihira
- He doesn't have a normal IS shiled, and thus, any attack that hit him will damage the armor directly, and eventually injure the pilot quite fast if it's a high powered kinetic weapon
- The plasma shielding field that is used to compensate for the IS Shield, although tougher, leaves him juiceless if overexerted.

Granted, he will most probably excel against slow, heavy artillery type IS (like yours, thus why you don't want to fight it) and energy based later gen IS units. He will be having a hard time against fast and agile IS that can keep up with him, like Nightfury.

If it was to fight one of the canon universe main characters, it wouldn't be curbstomp as well, as plot would indicate that the one hit kill surprise would miss, and everything would have to go in LOS combat.

Also, the "Class 2" IS are supposedly a bit more powerful than a "Class 2.5" IS, but that doesn't mean that if the Class 2.5 one does try, he can't beat em. We have the power of plot and pilot skill anyways.