View Single Post
Old 2012-07-30, 15:30   Link #8
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
The big difference between Kira and Kio for me right now is that when it came to Kira it never felt like there was any doubt that the viewer was expected to side wholeheartedly with his ideals and that his method of doing things was in all cases the exact and preferred method that ought to be used for dealing with these situations and that anyone who disagreed with him was in the wrong. In Kio's case though that really hasn't been the case as has been shown with Fram and Girard's outright rejection of the idea that they can all just have a sit down talk in the middle of a conflict that has all but progressed beyond the point of no return. For this reason among others I don't think we've seen the end of Kio's finding his role in all of this.
To be fair, Kira has never tried to talk people into not fighting other than in Alaska. But that was only because of the mutual threat by the Cyclops system.

The only ones who did were Cagalii in Destiny (only toward Orb, but still unsuccessfully) and Lacus (more successful after major losses in both camps).

One difference people forget between Kio and Kira is that Kira's way of fighting is less to do with stopping the war and more to do with a personal realization that he doesn't think of either side as outright enemies that needed to be killed, for the most part.

But still, people do reject Kira's interference, just not his disarming policy.

Note that people, for the most part, do not seem to outright disagree with Kio's disarming policy either (except probably for Flit), although I haven't seen the latest episode.

They reject his desire that they stop fighting, just like the Orb soldiers did to Cagalli.

So, in this case, the comparison with Kira, I feel, is misguided.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote