View Single Post
Old 2011-09-17, 11:24   Link #18
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
family should come first, and that it's right for people to deeply care about their parents and siblings, and to go to somewhat extreme lengths for them.
While I get where you're coming from, I fail to see how caring about your family first means not to care about anyone else at all.

Quote:
Kanba and Ringo are the proactive protagonists of this anime so far, and each has had many scenes where s/he's made to look 'cool'. Both have also gone to extreme lengths for the sake of family. Shouma is the all-around nice guy who hesitates to take extreme measures to help his sister, and he's been victimized by the plot more than anybody else. If this anime has a "buttmonkey", it's Shouma.
Shouma is definitely the buttmonkey, yeah, but Ringo has been made fun of quite a bit too. It's only Kanba, IMO, who is mostly depicted in a positive fashion despite his flaws.

Quote:
At this juncture, maybe we should seriously consider that this does in fact reflect Ikuhara's personal worldview. We don't need to agree with Ikuhara's worldview, of course, but maybe this is what he's saying.
I do think you're onto something here, and yeah, if what I've seen so far truly reflects Ikuhara's overall message then I definitely don't agree with it.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2011-09-17 at 15:53.