View Single Post
Old 2012-02-13, 03:44   Link #2
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Absolutely. Don't give it up. If nothing else, it can at least be an enjoyable hobby. Who knows? Do enough in your spare time, put it out there for people to see, and you might get noticed. It won't be easy, but then again if it were that easy, it wouldn't be worth doing, right?

In fact, if you like animating, you might look to invest in digital hardware and software to keep up-to-date with those "professional" artists. A lot of artists use cool gadgets like drawing tablets for their PC in conjunction with animation/drawing software. Being able to put your drawing(s) directly into your PC as you draw is a lot easier than drawing things by hand and scanning the images with a scanner and then going on to editing software. It's kind of expensive, but its an incredibly useful tool for people that want to get hi-res images quickly.

I personally want to become a writer. it might not be my current job, but I'm constantly writing and revising my portfolio in my spare time. I have lots of ideas for my sci-fi and fantasy novels, I just have to put them all on paper. So to speak. So don't give up on your dream of becoming an animator. Make a project for yourself and complete it. It doesn't have to be long or complex, just something that can prove to yourself and others that you can animate.

In short, don't just be a thinker (though thinking is important ^^), be a doer. If it's something you truly want, you'll find a way to make it work.