View Single Post
Old 2013-02-22, 07:28   Link #867
JustRob

Oh I'll chalk up one more to my list of most hated characters: Sai.

First off, the one thing everyone immediately notices and the most blatantly annoying one: His outfit. Honestly, what the fuck is up with that. Raise those damn pants and lower that jacket. Does he really need to show so much skin? Not only is it impractical for a ninja, it also makes him look like a gay sex masochist, which a lot of people have called him. And just what is up with his skin color? He looks like a damn vampire.

Next, the dude has nearly no background story. And what little bit story he does have, is really pretty boring. "Oh god I was raised alongside this kid who was like a brother to me and then I was ordered to kill him. The end." Tough shit, boo-hoo. That's really all there is to it.

Also, when he was introduced he was really shooting high to be the most annoying character thus far introduced. He acted like a prick all the time, and was always getting on people's bad side.

And then there's his reason for joining Naruto's party becoming friends for Naruto. "I want to find out exactly what it is to have a bond, and that's why I wanna bring Sasuke back to Konoha too now! Yay!". For the love of God, give me a break. Could they have come up with a more retarded reason?

Most of the times where he appears he serves no use at all, or only serves as a generic plot device to convey a message. Even his name is boring.

The only thing he has going for him I guess is his unique ability, which is kinda cool. Too bad it seems to be the only thing he's capable of. And this guy was made out to be ANBU or jounin level when first introduced.