View Single Post
Old 2008-03-04, 17:09   Link #188
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I actually agree with the attitude behind what Mentar said, even if I use different words. I used to believe that she did "like" Jun, but her obvious sighing over Shin has made me, on balance, think it was almost all invention, intended to give an excuse not to respond to Shin. But she did find Jun attractive, I'd say. Having written several times saying that she liked him and been laughed at for my trouble, I guess I'm a little cautious now, lol.
Well, I'm a bit late to the party, since I only recently marathoned to be up to date, but... I really see no evidence that her attraction towards Jun she expressed towards Tomoyo was "invented". It's logical and natural. Also, keep in mind that she said that _while she didn't know that Shin was around_ (!), and that most certainly was nothing with the intent to avoid an answer to Shin. Even so, about what? It's not like Shin had posed any question to her which she would have had to answer in the first place.

So what "sighing" are you referring to? If it's her reactions about Shin's frustrations to freely approach her: I think she did pick up that Shin was interested in her. However, throughout all the time, she was living under the assumption that they were half-siblings, and this caused her to keep a certain distance in order not to have him romantically fall for him (even though it was clear that she was longing for some affection herself). Rewatch the scene where she breaks and spills the ugly truth (which wasn't) to him. It hurt her, bigtime. And it wouldn't have if she'd be ignorant or indifferent towards Shin's feelings.

As for Tomoyo, I'd say she didn't want to have the Shin-issue pushed into the limelight, so that it doesn't spread and "go wrong". That however doesn't disprove in any way that she'd been interested in Jun. After all, Shin was "off limits" for her, from her point of view.

Quote:
I feel as if I'm in a time-warp here, since I have previously resisted the word "liar," myself. But I do think she has told at least that one untruth: that she was romantically interested in Jun. I'm glad someone still believes my original opinion. I hope to be able to go back to it.
Why untruth? I mean, calling someone a liar is a pretty harsh allegation. And I see absolutely nothing remotely sufficient to back up this claim. At the beginning of ep4, she was talking very freely about how she first came in contact to Jun, and her explanation - attraction, but a feeling of futility - is very much in character.