View Single Post
Old 2011-08-28, 22:16   Link #65
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laughing Dragon View Post
Speaking of the series, I much prefer season one to season 2. Season 2 had too much harem junk. The only good episode as far as I'm concerned was "Under the Cherry Tree". Hopefully season 3 (if there is one) will get back to focusing on Nagi and Hayate. They're the glue.
I respect your opinion, but I wholeheartedly disagree. Season 1 was a convoluted mess consisting of a hodgepodge of unconnected clowny comedy chapters. No storyline, almost completely random stuff. Season 2 at least had a proper storyline, with character development which was sorely lacking in Season 1.

Nagi has her cute moments, but she is _completely_ unsuited for any kind of romantic development towards Hayate. For that, she is simply too childish, and Hayate too dense. Which is why the "Hayate and Nagi flirting" stuff I've read about the movie is rather making me shake my head. It CANNOT work in a romantic context, rather in a "Butler protecting his ojousama" one. And that one is going to be yawn-inducing, I'm afraid.

Sorry, Hata. You can be as stubborn as you want, but you're sailing a sunk ship here...
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote