View Single Post
Old 2011-09-06, 17:11   Link #75
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Sort of bringing the thread back on topic, an English review of the movie had been available for sometime now.

Here

Reading it, I think that I can rest assured that I will like the movie (even though it isn't wise to make any judgment until I see it for myself). It seems like they knew exactly what they could do with this film, what their limitations were and what the fans were expecting, all the while try and not going overboard with it (e.g. see every other Shonen Jump movie, with the exception of a few). I'm glad to hear that it also seemed to not fall into the same pitfall as the Negima film (which is to be expected, since this movie had actual stuck to schedule so they didn't change the agreed storyline into a hacked version ^^; ) which was to fabricate a ludicrous premise, and place the cast in a situation that wouldn't have happened in the manga logically, all for the sake of fanservice that didn't really appeal to the fans at all.

I look forward to it, in any case. It seems like a fun film that show cases the positives of the series, with each member of the cast given a chance at the spot light.