View Single Post
Old 2009-08-22, 14:49   Link #74
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
Spoiler for cut from the novel:
Given that he had already touched her paw, it wouldn't make much sense to have Araragi suddenly worry about it his fidelity in that instance. Sure, including that moment would have been nice, but that would have required another few more minutes of airtime to explain his thought process. So, give and take. I think the adaptation works well enough as it stands, particularly since Araragi already made it clear that Kanbaru can't "replace" Senjougahara.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
It's a pretty simple, and predictable reason why someone is all of a sudden targeting Araragi. It's the "jealous third person goes after the man who stole the other person from her" angle. And now, this is only made more complex with this issue of a demon possibly granting wishes, which one can see coming from a mile away.
Yup, pretty predictable but, then, I wasn't expecting much of a twist in the first place. Senjougahara's case didn't involve a twist either, but that didn't make her arc any less interesting.

The fun comes, rather, from the dialogue and wordplay. And, while Araragi doesn't quite share the same chemistry with Kanbaru as he does with Senjougahara, I enjoyed Kanbaru's teasing. Both girls have a knack for getting under Araragi's skin, probably because they can both tell that he's an inexperienced virgin a nice guy, which makes it all the more fun to tease him over sexual topics.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote