View Single Post
Old 2010-12-10, 21:40   Link #36
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn Beaver View Post
To be honest, I was rather disappointed with the episode, especially the fight scene. It just felt...a bit too easy for Touma to win it, whereas in the LN he's clearly shown to be more hurt with the assault from Oriana. That's one of my main beef actually, perhaps it's a bit much to expect the anime to deliver an top-notch epic fight, but at least I want to see more scars and scrapes with Touma, all I see is that single cut. I mean, that's a bit important too, Tsuchimikado fell right away because Oriana's spell worsens his injuries suffered from magicking last ep (Touma is mostly fine so no effect), and part of the reason why his 'Falcon Punch' is less effective was due to his injuries and fatigue with all the chasing (also, Touma is too much of an amateur compared to Oriana).

But yeah, that's aside the rest is pretty fine I guess. The twist is good (although, seeing Touma hit by the billboard, shouldn't he feel it....well, it's not like he knows what being hit by a billboard or Stab Sword would feel like) and the story still continue to the next episode. Really, compared to the rest of the antagonists (perhaps maybe the first guy) we had so far this season Oriana feels like the less villainous so far , at least she tried to inflict as little pain and casualty as possible (I'm not sure how much that popped button affects my judgment though).

Also, like father like son indeed...at that point he's surrounded by three women, one he just bumped into her breast. Well, technically four, but one belong to his son anyway. In any case, it's good to see MILFsuzu Mikoto again. And Misaka Mikoto is always great to have, seeing her bicker with Index is fun to watch (for some reason more than the usual Touma vs Index).

My friend pointed that out to me also about index. The fight scenes dont have much except when it doesn't involve touma. I was thinking they should add some kicks here and there. [mod edit: remove next episode spoiler]

Also, oriana is a mercenary she works for whoever pays regardless of what happens.

Many better arcs to look forward to cuz really to this arc this isn't much if you look at it. Its just a long arc with a festival.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2010-12-11 at 00:15. Reason: Remove spoiler
I_am_Kami is offline   Reply With Quote