View Single Post
Old 2008-04-09, 17:16   Link #2
Blue_Mercy
Veteran

I think this a great idea but sort of difficult at the same time since it's impossible to know if people reading this have seen episodes up to a certain point. I'm going to provide Lelouch's biography first since I believe that it helps to shape the character when discussing them. Also most of this information you will already know.

Name: Lelouch Vi Britannia, Lelouch Lamperouge, Zero

Born: Decemnber 5, 2000

For the very early part of Lelouch's life he enjoyed life with his sister, Nunnally, his mother Empress Marianne and his half-sister Euphemia despite not having any friends. He was incredibly intelligent often challenging his older siblings, Clovis and Schneizel to chess matches; remaining undefeated to Clovis while it is hinted that Schneizel proved a difficult match for him.

When Lelouch turned 9 his life was changed forever when his mother was murdered and his sister Nunnally had both legs injured and her sight lost due to the trauma of witnessing the attack on her mother along with her mother's dying body fall on top of her.

Lelouch had always resented his father, the Emperor, for the petty fights between the siblings about who would succeed the Emperor, but he actually renounced his title after his father refused to visit the injured Nunnally in the hospital stating "He had no need for the weak."

Lelouch was then sent to Japan along with Nunnally as bargaining chips, and became political hostages of the Prime Minister. He finally developed his first friend in Kurugi Suzaku. Day after day Lelouch would receiving beatings from other Japanese kids though, including Suzaku when they first met. Lelouch did everything for Nunnally when he first arrived from cooking and laundry to chores and did not let a Japanese person even touch her hand until Suzaku. It was only a few months after they arrived that Britannia declared war on Japan, and Lelouch declared that he would destroy Britannia. It was during this time that Lelouch witnessed terrible tragedies including a massacred village, which I believe hardened Lelouch's personality. It was also during this time that Lelouch changed his and Nunnally's last name to Lamperouge and declared themselves dead to elude possible Britannia pursuers. The two of them took refuge in the care of the Ashford family in the Tokyo settlement and began living peaceful lives attending Ashford Academy after Britannia subdued Japan. This is also when he first meets Millay Ashford.

Seven Years Pass.

The Year is 2017 and Lelouch has become the Vice-President of the Student Council at Ashford Academy while making other friends or student council member associates including Shirley Fenette, Rivalz Carmonde, and Nina Einstein. After a chess match with a noble Lelouch becomes involved in a traffic accident which leads to him meeting the three other main characters including C.C., Kallen Kouzki/Stadfeld, and Kurugi Suzaku once again. Kallen gets Lelouch involved in the terrorist mess while Suzaku has become a Britannian soldier takes a bullet for Lelouch and C.C. takes a bullet for Lelouch, but gives him a Geass ability which can order a person to do anything he commands including suicide. Lelouch decides to use this power to change the world...

Now this is where I will begin his character analysis.

Lelouch is someone who uses any method to punish those who inflict pain upon others. He is what you might consider a world-wide vigilante who became a rebel or vice-versa to create a peaceful world for his sister. He knows as long as Britannia exists his sister will never be safe. If found she and Lelouch would continue to be used as political tools never obtaining true freedom. He carries the burden of being evil especially after Euphemia's massacre while still retaining some of his humanity. He does have a pillar of support or sometimes criticism in C.C. and an incredibly loyal soldier willing to become carnage itself in Kallen. Up until he met C.C. Lelouch believed himself to be dying a slow poison because of his lack of power, and gives no regard to risking his own life. He proves to be a master tactician in battle, and becomes a symbol of hope for the Japanese.

If there is two flaws with Lelouch it is his reluctance to let go of his friendship with Suzaku, who has become his greatest enemy, constantly stopping his plans. He has several chances to kill Suzaku but does not which ends up costing him greatly.

His second flaw is his inability to protect his sister who gets kidnapped twice.

You'll notice I did not list Lelouch's arrogance or overconfidence as a flaw. It is true that it can be with the occasional loss such as with Cornelia but overconfidence is the kind of attitude one wants in a leader. A leader that is unsure about himself will lead to weakness in the soldiers that follow him.

I think this is good enough for a start on Lelouch.
Blue_Mercy is offline   Reply With Quote