View Single Post
Old 2010-06-13, 21:46   Link #11014
Oliver
Back off, I'm a scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
And because Eva and Hideyoshi's deaths would make George look suspicious, he might see the need to pull an ABC Murders... which would necessitate everyone's death.

Why, then, does he leave Battler alive until the end, though?
Well, for example...
Because Battler is actually Krauss' son and is therefore the real heir to Ushiromiya fortune. Battler is not aware of it, but once this is widely known, and George would ensure it was, Battler has an absolutely perfect motive for the newspapers, and can be the natural scapegoat for George.

Mind you, I am thinking that Hideyoshi actually supporting George is far, far more likely than George actually planning to murder his parents because of being put into an unwinnable situation, as clues to Hideyoshi supporting George in his marital plans are present several times in detective perspective. I'm just saying that George's motive (or lack thereof) to perform ABC murders directly depends on Hideyoshi's position regarding that marriage -- if George really wants to marry Shannon, that is.

This link has been determined hazardous for the spoiler averse
by the Department of Education.
(updated 2010-08-24)
Oliver is offline   Reply With Quote