View Single Post
Old 2012-09-03, 05:36   Link #28
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rulfo View Post
Guys I'm getting confused... Is is it really the last episode next week?

I've been reading a lot of people saying there's 22 episodes + 1 OVA however some are still saying it's just 21 episodes + 1 OVA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyper View Post
I'm pretty sure it's 21+OVA. Let's wait for someone else to confirm it though.
I thought it was 21+OVA as well, until I got corrected by duckroll and ultimatemegax over on twitter and apparently the series is in fact 22 episodes + OVA. According to them, the reason of confusion is due to tvk announcing that they would be airing 21 episodes early on, and no one corrected the numbers since then over at MAL and the other sites.

The question now is whether the 22nd episode will be airing as usual or if it's stopping on 21.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thundrakkon View Post
It has to do with asian culture of a family of high status. Chitanda was representing her family at this festival, so any of her conduct is a reflection upon her family and their honor. If she is in a dark shack with an unknown guy around her age, rumors can spread of her "lewd" conduct, which in turn will bring shame to her family. They would not believe anything that could be a reasonable explaination, and will assume that they were doing some hanky panky and that Chitanda is a "loose" girl.
Pretty much this, but there was a bigger risk. Remember back when Oreki had figured out that Tohgaito was actually smoking early on in the series (episode 3 wasn't it?) and used that fact to blackmail him into giving them the anthologies. So the fact that the shrine staff knew Eru was might have ended up back firing horribly on her, since someone, knowing how rich she and her family is, might get the idea to use it against her (make it seem worse than it actually is) or even against her family ...

So there was an actual risk that the person who opens the shed might have held it as leverage against her, and even if they don't there is still the possibility that it could be misunderstood (''Why were you there with a boy in the first place? Helping out? I don't buy it ...'') and ending up as a possible scandal, as you pointed out.

(Mind you, I think Dr. Casey was half joking anyways, with the whole ''hooking up with boys in the shed all the time'' (I mean come on, no boy would stay around Eru for that long with trying to escape for his life, or her losing interest in them cause they won't be able to answer ever single mundane question she brings up :P)).