View Single Post
Old 2012-09-24, 18:51   Link #56
Alchemist007
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
I am not a huge spender and $1800 is enough for me for now. The problem is the 2 year contract and 5.5D workweek; this means I would have less time to trade at night and I can't go back to school. And with the rate of inflation, $1.8k isn't going to cut it beyond next year, at 5.2% since last year I need my income to be at least $2.1k by mid-2013, assuming an increase in expenditure for at least 3 people in my family excluding my sister.

My contract just ended and I am treating this like another contract, basically, serve and FO. The enjoyable prospects are that I get to deal with Point of Sale systems from scratch, and I get funded to experiment with servers - so it is basically what I like vs what I can earn.
Damn, that only a bit above what I'm making. I'm doing it for the experience since I had relatively jack. Fortunately it's not a contract but I've come to realize that I fucking hate 40 hr work weeks. Trying to stay in shape by jogging or biking after work means I'm tired as hell at the end of the day. My only solace is I'm saving at least most of my money (stupid anime and tech thingies making me buy them) and getting some experience. Also going to my old college's anime club on fridays is basically a godsend, as is Saturday's Toonami.

No idea where I see myself in 5 years, hopefully well into a good job. Maybe once I learn enough Japanese, I could try something in that regard.