View Single Post
Old 2012-10-02, 00:12   Link #106
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Hmm...so we have a forest encampment, a desert, and then a marsh jungle. Are we going to Hell next?

@Daniel: Do you mean you have the 1 damage fumble on the shotgonne as well? I suspect this "1 damage fumbles" happens constantly when your weapon is simply too lacking in damage power in relation to level. For example, now I'm lvl 48, and when I use a weapon with 200 damage (including shotgonnes) on the strawman in town to test, it fumbles to 1 nearly all the time. I'm guessing it's not really a fumble, but the damage being completely absorbed by armor.

Even then, the shotgonnes still were doing overall better damage when it crits. I'm guessing it's because it has better base damage than the pistols which have lower base damage but higher speed (not to mention pistols have a wider range of damage so they can vary pretty wildly). So even if the weapon dps says they're similar, the shotgonnes can potentially deal more damage because each shot is more likely to surpass the damage treshold, ie. more stable.

otoh, when I use more up-to-date eq, the shotgonne really never fumbles. While my pistols still do occasionally, thankfully not to 1.