View Single Post
Old 2011-03-02, 09:56   Link #22124
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsagiTenpura View Post
Let us not forget like... all the wars since the beginning of human civilizations, humanity's been around doing senseless rampage for a really long time now. I suppose there are idealistic scenarios for a war, but when you give the power to kill to people and tell them they can use it, they most likely will. Still I really agree with that. Refreshing to see that not everyone has a hero like worship of the west in WW2.
I think you have a very cynical outlook on the "sense" that motivates violence and warfare. It is certainly a terrible thing, but rarely is it "senseless."

And this is coming from someone very much morally opposed to war under any circumstances. However, that doesn't mean I'm going to generalize that people who act violently had no sensible or explicable reason for their actions (though I disagree with the conclusions they draw as to its necessity), and I certainly wouldn't suggest that they lack any form of discretion (as "senseless rampage" implies that people engaged in warfare don't really care who or what they destroy).
Quote:
It's not a really popular opinion in these boards, but I think ep7's tea party showed us how that worked. From the moment one accidental death occurs, everyone else's death might be ensured. I believe it is the result of confusions and misunderstandings. After all Ryuukishi wrote Higurashi. Should we find a Takano like cold blooded murderer, we'd still learn enough about her to actually sorta understand her. Tho I prefer to avoid the idea that Rokkenjima is the result of a Takano v2.0.
Don't you think that's just a little bit absurd? Oh sure, maybe there's an accident, and maybe one or two people wind up getting shot in a struggle. Terrible tragedy, no question.

Are you honestly saying this would inevitably lead to mass murder of the rest of the island (there's going to be people who have no idea what's going on) or an attempt by someone to blow the whole thing up? Nobody would stop and say "You know what? This is insanity. Three (or whatever) people are dead, but this has to stop right now. No one else needs to be affected by this." I think that's more disrespectful to the memory of the dead than anything. It suggests most of the people on the island had no conscience or discretion.
This story is a redacted confession.

Blog (VN DL) - YouTube Playlists
Battler Solves The Logic Error
Renall is offline   Reply With Quote