View Single Post
Old 2010-06-04, 04:51   Link #352
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Block View Post
Going into that final play, even before he was asked by Otonashi, he was already nervous. Iwasawa was not. See the difference now? Or do I need to clarify more?
Yes you do. Iwasawa's happened spontaneously. She wasn't given the luxury of recognising the situation like Hinata. Hinata was nervous because he was able to recognise the similarity between the situation and his regret. Was that the case for Iwasawa? No. They're not comparable.

Quote:
Nope. Have you not read the prequel? I was referring to Hinata's attachment to Yuri. See chapter 3 specifically. To illustrate:
What Hinata thinks: I will never leave that girl's side.
What he did in the game: Wow, catching this ball feels so good, it's almost as if I'm gonna disap--
Yeah but that was because Yuri was all alone. That wasn't the case here. And anyway, i only recall Hinata saying that right before Yuri dumped him. After that he actually started thinking about disappearing but gave up when he didn't have a clue how to go about it.

And I honestly don't see how that makes a difference anyway.

Quote:
Why not? The reason why humans love to eat and reproduce is because eating and sex is pleasurable (It has been hardwired into our brains and anatomy that the basics for the species' survival are deemed as pleasurable activities. For example, sensitive pleasure centers have developed to encourage these activities.). I don't see how this can't be the case in this imaginary world as well, especially since it was set up to specifically address their old regrets.
Actually I missunderstood what you were talking about. I thought you were talking about some sort of classical conditioning, which doesn't make any sense.