View Single Post
Old 2011-04-18, 02:56   Link #797
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Quote:
Originally Posted by applejuice View Post
Bolded part was actually my point. Before this episode, it was low level soup opera. I saw this episode as completely destroying the normal cliche we expect from everyday morning drama, but making whole new refreshing atmosphere by crashing slice-of-life cliche from anime and drama expectations. Having much lightened hearted, but chaotic storyline is better than boring boring soup-opera that is completely predictable.
No. This episode of HanaIro is of a style that is seen plentiful in anime. See Jun Maeda/Key-adaptations for examples. Not saying it's bad. In fact I like it if the show's premise starts off and intends to be like it.

Then why is it automatically bad if a Asian drama like plot is used in anime? Because this is anime, and therefore other entertainment medium elements should never be used? Also, how many times have soap opera like plots been used in anime? I can think of maybe 2 or 3 in the past on top of my head (True Tears, Hanbun no Tsuki Naboru Sora, possibly Honey and Clover) and that's about it. Unless you want to count shojo romances as soap operas, but they are usually too fantasy/idealised forms of romance to be considered a soap-opera.

Also, weren't you the person that praised AnoHana as being vastly superior to HanaIro. That seemed even more soap-operaish yet now you have double standards for this anime. Makes no sense.
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote