Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2009-05-03, 19:01   Link #2474
LeoXiao
思想工作

I believe that with bullies, there is always a breaking point that you can reach to get them to stop. Usually, I would say it depends on what is going to shock him the most.

There was this particularly nasty 8th grader who specially picked on me for some reason, and every time I came into contact with him he always said something insulting. I got pretty pissed, and it showed, so he just stepped up his verbal attacks. One day, he and one of his henchmen trapped me in the back seat of the bus, saying they wouldn't let me get off at my stop.
I waited for a few minutes until it was my stop (during which the guy was lauding his apparent victory), and then suddenly attacked him, trying to force my way out, and it worked. he tried to restrain me, and the end result was that I escaped, having kicked him twice in the groin and scratched viciously at his neck. His friend looked shocked as well, and did not really participate in the scuffle. Neither the bully nor his friends ever made trouble for me again.

The principle at work here is that you must do something that really scares the crap out of your enemy, probably something he didn't suspect could come from you. In my case, I think that he thought I was a weak person, not the type who would be able to not only force his way past someone blocking him, but attack the groin and neck at the same time (At that point, had the circumstance been slightly different, I might've actually dealt him lasting injuries). Indeed, my foe was most likely scared to death. Sure, he thought I was a complete psycho afterwards, but at least I was a psycho not to be bothered.

Depending on the bully and what image you present to others, varying levels of actions should be taken to scare off a belligerent.