Thread: Tonagura!
View Single Post
Old 2006-07-19, 11:56   Link #23
Muir Woods
Disheartened and Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido
Is it me or the female protagonist's well endowed big sister not only tends to be sympathetic of the lecherous boys but also nursing the injured guy to fullfill his ero-fantasies cynically at the expense of the lead girl watching?
I think it is simply a consequence of being older. Bigger sisters are mentally (as well as physically) more mature. The greater experience in life they possess allows them to understand and accept that boys will be boys, and subsequently so, are more sympathetic to them.

Anyways, while sampling new summer anime series, I saw the first two episode of Tonagura. When I see a pantyshot within the very first few seconds of the opening, I instinctively knew I've hit upon the fanservice show of the season (I'm using fanservice here in its traditional narrow sense). The plot and the characters are very archetypical. Yuji's overwhelming and uncontrolled hormones is abrasive. To make his character even more displeasing, in episode 02, he's shown in addition to being a lecher, he's a jerk as well. So far, the only redeeming quality I see in him is the childhood memories with Kazuki that he has retained. And like eggplant said, Hatsune's "ara ara" and her general voice immediately rang echoes of Alicia in ARIA...not that it's a bad thing. This show is tottering on the brink between low priority tertiary entertainment and apathy. Well, I'll give it one or two more episodes to do something more to clinch my interest, although I'm not optimistic.