View Single Post
Old 2008-07-17, 19:34   Link #38
Kristen
*Author

Just finished watching the episode.

As I thought, this really was not one of the better episodes of the series. But, it was a tall task Kyoto Animation had, so I can imagine why it would not be. It was based off of one of the routes I didn't really like, and it was trying to compress something like 15 days of gameplay into 25 minutes. As such, it became really rushed and did not really attempt to invoke the emotions too well.
However, I am glad that they released this episode. It was still Clannad, and all Clannad has a sort of happy feeling flowing through it. Art quality did not seem to be up to par with other episodes, but that may have just been from the version I was watching. I was also happy that they didn't end it with the dango song, making it more likely for a different ending song next season (Two Shadows? Chiisana Tenohira?) It definitely was missing something with the track "Ushio" during the promo screen cut out, and I didn't like the 16:9.

Overall, this episode was a 7, but it was quite a warm up making me excited for what should come in 2 months. ^_^