View Single Post
Old 2010-07-13, 17:38   Link #13786
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
@m0h

I don't expect this story to be a literary masterpiece like the divine comedy. But I expect it to be well conceived, without any plot hole, and generally well written. Actually... I expect it to be better than most of your average stories of the same kind.

Ryuukishi set precise standards by repeatedly talking about trust among writer and reader and by showing us the knox rules. Now all of his readers know those rules and recognize they are good rules. Ryuukishi can't betray those expectations.

I'll be greatly dissatisfied if I were to know that I spent more than two years speculating on a mediocre story. That's why a mediocre story wouldn't cut it. It has to be a very good one.

You can expect me to take Renall's side if shkanon happens to be true without a very damn good explanation. The only difference between me and him is that I don't think it can be flat out declared that shkanon can't possibly be handled with an outstanding result. I am expecting such result.
That of course is true for ghosterika as well, because as it is it doesn't really sound any better.

All I can say right now is that shkanon in my eyes is so blatantly obvious that I can't pretend I'm not seeing it, and I don't buy the troll theory for many several reasons. I wouldn't even consider it an acceptable troll. If shkanon isn't true then I'm expecting a very good explanation not any less good than the one I'm expecting to justify shkanon.
I can't say I've never agreed with you utterly and completely before, as once or twice I have, but in this case I absolutely do agree. If Shkanon is true, the explanation better be damn good. If it can satisfy me, it can satisfy anybody.
This story is a redacted confession.

Blog (VN DL) - YouTube Playlists
Battler Solves The Logic Error
Renall is offline   Reply With Quote