View Single Post
Old 2012-04-04, 17:48   Link #314
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
1: Now you're just making stuff up. He didn't die due to the fish, he died due to the head trauma that wasn't treated. Librarian guy confirmed this. If he had stayed at home, he could have died just as easily since he did not go to the hospital as soon as it happened.
2: Actually this is the same as 1. If that death REALLY happened in order to narrow the suspects down, they would not immediately confirm that the guy's death still happened within the phenomenon's established borders, IE the town.
3: There is absolutely no reason to even assume that the effect is less the further you get from the so-called point of origin. I also never said that it originates in the center of town, that's just silly. No one even said that the area in which the phenomenon occurs is circular.
ad1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
1st:
Another point is that he probably ate fish at the beach together with questionable ingredients gathered by the other students, so at least one person vomiting is not that implausible, that together with the fact that he was apparently car sick [...]

I never said he died of fish poison, I said no one cared about him puking the whole time because part of their meal was fish and he was car sick..

ad2)
If my memory serves me right Chibaki said that him dying of head hitting is what a city police officer suspected - he just stated that it is likely not that it is the truth, thus he didnt confirm anything.
And especially another has a tendency of narrational deception.
Chibaki is btw not a doctor nor has he been there - so he can't officially confirm his death. Only those who where there can.

Ad3)
Re-read I excluded the center of the town myself, I just stated 3 points where the center could be. - And yes it is silly which is why I wrote that it is illogical:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
Lets for the sake of the argument assume that it is the school, as the middle of the town would be highly illogical, then the calamity's effect would already be weaker that close to the towns boarder, probably no longer able to kill a whole class (or 90% of it whatever it was)

Circular is btw just a logical assumption, as well as th effects being weaker when while farther away.
It has however been stated that the calamity's effects get weaker the more you move away from the town, so yes there is a reason to think it gets weaker. And phenomenon or not what has a border inevitable has a center too.
So its safe to assume that the effects are also stronger near the point of origin than 3 kilometer away.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.