View Single Post
Old 2011-12-24, 18:59   Link #119
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
the fact that he promotes the idea of sacrificial love being inherently right
Again, I don't think Ikuhara did that. Notice that, whilst Sanetoshi may have said that was the right thing to do, other characters like Himari, Shōma, Ringo and Momoka disagreed with him, and their actions showed that much.

As for self-reflection, personally, I don't think it was needed. Kanba didn't seem to have the slightest regret about doing what he did in order to save Himari. He never really tried to do the moral thing, but he simply focused on protecting what he cared about.

In a way, I think that's a great moral teaching through a negative example. People who have been shunned, or who have had to suffer will not necessarily feel the need to care about the world, when they themselves feel the world never cared about them in the first place. That's why always sharing the fruit of fate is an important thing, because that way people won't feel compelled to take actions like Kanba's whenever they want to protect what's important to them.