View Single Post
Old 2007-04-15, 20:52   Link #310
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricerocket View Post
lol, i i didn't mean it literally has to be a dream, but i sorta see that kyon's own identity being hazy to signify how important he is in the story, and therefore without his own realization (just as haruhi is without knowledge of her own power) that everything is a creation of kyon's will, and that he is the real creator, and haruhi's powers is just another of his creation much like yuki being an alien etc

remember at the very start he said that he wouldn't expect an alien to just walk up to him and say "hi, how do you do, i'm an alien" and that he doesn't really wanna be the main character of that fantasy world he wishes to be in, but a minor character, like an assistant of the main hero? that is exactly how the haruhi universe is turning out to be, that he is a minor character (supposedly) comparing to haruhi, and the fact that haruhi is who she is creates the excuse for aliens, time travelers, and espers to walk up to him to introduce themselves
I understand that Kyonists are growing in their ranks as the series goes on, but I will probably never agree with the principle.
I like Kyon because he is a powerless mortal, who none the less accomplished much with what he can do. Making him a god will just disappoint me, because that means I can no longer relate to Kyon.

I know there are several arguments about how Kyon can be god, but none of them show that he is. Indeed, Tsuruya is as much a god candidate as Kyon, and perhaps even more so since she stated her desire to purely observe.

If Kyon is to be God, then there is no point at all of what he had been through all these books for. It would be no better than an "it's all a dream" ending.