View Single Post
Old 2004-01-24, 17:24   Link #9
crumja
AnimeONE Do-It-All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivyna J. Spyder
Okay, I downloaded all that stuff, I can put subtitle or textsub filters into virtual dub...

Hm, problem is I only seem to be able to see the .ssa subs after I convert the file to .avi... And they dun look right XD The timing's fine, but the fonts and colors are all wrong (it's putting the numbers for the colors in front of each line! ^_^; ) despite the fact I tried doing a style override. O_o

Hm, converting to .avi isn't too hard, but it's too big. XD For some reason it makes the file bigger instead of smaller! *fiddles with the settings*

Thanks for the links and tutorials and stuff, but there's always these probably obvious things they don't cover.
You should look at each sub line in ssa and see if you put the colours as words instead of attributes. Also, for colours and font, define a style instead of doing style override for each. That way, they'll be nice and colourful and still won't have \a6\CE093427 all over the text.

You should be able to preview the subs without converting. Just press play output in vdub and it'll slowly display subs when they arrive.

And the large file size should be because of your encode settings. Use Xvid 2 pass method for optimal useage of space, also lets you control the final size of the file. Other encode info can be found in Tech Support forum.
crumja is offline   Reply With Quote