View Single Post
Old 2011-10-04, 10:43   Link #295
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
I don't think 11eyes and majikoi are close, the genres naturally mean that story is much more important in 11eyes, because hey 11eyes is a grimdark, and the main draw is the heroines and the story, where as majikoi is a comedy, and as long as the atmosphere is nailed down properly and it's funny, and the characters are true to their VN counterparts then there is more leeway when it comes to alterations to the story.
I used 11Eyes as an example of what happens when you go along the different path and stray away from the original source. Like I said, 11Eyes ''nailed'' everything from the start and went downhill later. Majikoi is true to their characters now, but we shall see what happens later. And that is the only reason I used it for the comparison. It may be a good point for some if they make it a pure fighting anime without good interactions, but it won't be for me. And even if it's a comedy and even if the characters are true to themselves, I don't want this to turn into mindless harem. So genre doesn't matter, the alterations can still be bad.