Thread: Crunchyroll Hunter X Hunter Anime (2011)
View Single Post
Old 2011-10-11, 08:25   Link #261
Toto y Moi
Amor Fati

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisteria233 View Post
Actually we still really don't know about Togashi's language cause the guidebook that came out with the language wasn't very helpful, and Togaishi didn't create the language until later on, before hand he left the signs blank, so you can't hold it against them for not knowing what the signs looked like. And even then the 1999 version looks more the manga than the 2011 version.
That's not true. Togashi always had the language created. Even before the guidebook came out, you could read the signs. This was published in Jump way before the guidebook was released. All you need is a rudimentary understanding of Japanese. For instance, the one you point to says: "Danger: Majuu Chuui (Magical Beasts)!!" It's in the manga (first volume, fourth chapter) as well:

Quote:
Its black and white the old lady never received any colorization in the manga so you can't say which one is right and which one is wrong based off of a black and white picture.
I never said it was wrong--I said that her colors in the 1999 version clashed. The 2011 color scheme relies mostly on two shades for her dress--white and lavender. The different shades of each on top of each other leads to a very aesthetically pleasing design. In the first series, she's all over the place: goldenrod, blue, maroon, green--they just don't go together well.

Quote:
Actually both of the anime adaptions Gon's are off compared to the manga.
I'm not talking about his pose here, but his character design. Look at his face. The only thing the 1999 version does closer to the manga is Gon's jacket collar.

Quote:
This is not helping your case much as the 1999 version is the one on the right and the one on the right resembles the manga more, as the girl's mouth is open in both. the 2011 version her mouth is not open and her expression is different from the manga ditto with the other images below it.

This is just a case of the camera being zoomed out, but once again the 1999 version looks more like the manga.

I have no idea what your trying to prove but again 1999 adaptation wasn't that much different from the manga, because your skipping out on the changes made by the 2011 version.

Though for the record in the 1999 adaptation they did say that Mito was Gin's cousin.
What do you think my case is? I already posted that I wanted to look at the series objectively ("The comparisons are solely supposed to be an objective view over both series, something viewers typically won't do having watched the original and loved it"). In the post that you're quoting, I specifically mention that the 1999 series copied most scenes panel for panel:

"Episode 5 of the 1999 version generally adapted certain scenes exactly the same as how they look in the manga. It's also the first episode in the original series in which we get some pretty good animation; the scenes of Gon and Kurapika running through the trees is great. As such, the 2011 version largely changed the blocking for some scenes. The biggest difference was found in character expressions, which tend to match the manga's in the 2011 version but are different in the 1999 one"

Just pay more attention to the things I say next time. Also, the 1999 anime doesn't mention Mito being Ging's cousin. Mito mentions in the first episode that she's Gon's mother's sister--which is why it doesn't make a lick of sense how she knows Ging from childhood.
Toto y Moi is offline   Reply With Quote