View Single Post
Old 2012-07-18, 01:48   Link #1915
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
The 3 extra episodes are actually unplanned -- the production staff was as surprised as we were, which is why they intend to use it to finish off the semifinal match.
I think that's a bit much to assume. The extra episodes were unannounced, but I highly doubt they were really "unplanned" or that anyone was "surprised" (certainly not "as surprised as we were" ). The Blu-Ray box that comes with the first volume houses 4 volumes, and that was planned way before they announced the extra episodes to the public. So I think this is really just PR, and they planned for 15 episodes (with 12 on TV) all along, just like Bakemonogari, OreImo, and (now apparently) Kokoro Connect (though that's 13/17).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
We don't know. Definitely not with the DVDs/BRs, that's for sure. A webcast is likely.
Well again, to be more clear, not on the same DVDs/BDs that the 12 TV episodes are on. But as said above, the disc count of the Blu-Ray boxes suggests there'll be 7 or 8 volumes in all, and not just the 6 for the TV episodes. So probably just released as volumes 7 & 8 after the first six. As you say, a webcast will probably happen before then.