Thread: Crunchyroll White Album (All Episodes, 1-26)
View Single Post
Old 2009-12-30, 16:27   Link #2366
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Believe me, don't watch it.
Sounds good. lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh View Post
Even after this entire series, the one thing second to my disappointment about Yayoi's "route" is my lack of misunderstanding about Mana:

What on earth was her problem?!

She's a petulant girl who supposedly is "of college and consenting age," but often acts like a spoiled preteen who gets her way or throws a tantrum, never using her higher brain centres to think things through or talk them through. She is very resistant to the concept of saying thank you or owing someone, and constantly berates and orders Touya around. From the way it looks (and how it seems she doesn't have an altruistic bone in her body) I wouldn't be surprised if in her ending for the games she puts a leash on Touya and makes him her "boy toy."

Part of this could be due to the fact that her mother isn't around enough to use a strong hand with her (her Mother could be one of those parents who think that material support is a viable substitute for emotional and psychological support). Her belittling attitude towards men could also be a consequence of the fact that Mana's mother is divorced, with her sister going off to her father.

Given all that, I find it hard to believe that Mana's capable of a mature relationship with Touya, or if she's doomed to treat men she's interested in as something akin to what the Romans used to call a "body slave" (an indentured servant who is bound to your every whim, both praise and abuse, and follows you closely all the time). Can someone with knowledge of her route in the games fill me in on this part of her personality which was not very well explained in the anime?
I thought Mana's "anime route" was well explored. You learned enough about her to understand her. You just said why she acts the way she does and we learned about it in both seasons.

Just remember how she acted towards the final episodes:
Spoiler:
Besides, every mean thing she said to him and how she acted towards him was pretty justified.

As for the game...I don't know. I looked at the CGs (the character designs changed a fair amount but the clothes stayed the same [so did Yayoi's hotness, dayamn]) and saw nothing about him being a boy toy or anything. But I doubt the gallery was complete since there were so few images compared to other series.