View Single Post
Old 2008-02-17, 16:44   Link #19
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
I find the not being allowed to move before casting rule a huge constraint, it has actually messed up quite a few strategies in the missions where you had to use them. You finally have them positioned propperly for max damage, and either you whipe away the enemy while the girls 'recharge' or the enemy moves away.

It's a matter of tactics, really. My characters move all the time, unless they're pinned. If they're pinned, its in melee and only for one turn max (well, maybe more in case of a boss) having casters that need time to charge their attacks simply doesn't go well with my tactics.
I can see what you mean But your tactics will change a bit in hard mode ..in normal i also used to run all over the place, but in hard it requires you to have a rather solid formation ... you don't want your characters surrounded, trust me. And the AI smartens up as well: if you leave Eruruu within whacking range, be sure she will get some spanking. All the more reason to keep your formation relatively without holes

Quote:
scary thing is, I've already gotten used to it. Kamyu's scene didn't even phase me, apart from me slapping my forehead and skipping the entire scene.
If you noticed my post in the other game discussion thread, the H scenes were my main complaint. I have nothing against them generally, but dear lord - the ones in Utawa are scarily pointless and dumb. Doesn't affect anyone any way and no relationship developments come from it. Eruruu would have gone yandere by the end of the story if the writer would have actually bothered to think about any impact sleeping around with everyone might have, instead of only inserting the scenes when the rest of the story seems to have been finished already.

Quote:
I know, but her combo damage was quite pathetic before you got it.
Aruruu is a tank, not a damage dealer

Quote:
One of the biggest surprises when comparing the game and the anime was the difference in the bridge fight. Where the anime was dead serious, the game is pure comedy. I couldn't stop laughing at Touka's antics that had Oboro and Kurou going '... is this what ave us so much trouble?'
For what it is worth, i would say the anime did a good job on improving the otherwise less than impressive game of Utawa. (not related to the scene in question, but in general in terms of explanations, pacing and battle/peace balance). I find the anime superior in every aspect. (i could wish for better animation, but heh - thats another kettle of fish).