Thread: Beelzebub
View Single Post
Old 2010-04-20, 08:16   Link #920
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

They are absolutely comparable, Both have a primary focus in humor that has declined in one, Both have delinquent protagonists who have a similar personality. I'd go so far as to say that the super natural element in beelzebub doesn't even have that much of a major impact in the story. Cue Oga going to different schools and beating up 'normal' studentsl. Yes this may change in the future but I'm inclined to say that about the present.

This along with the fact that both include some of the same used plotlines i:e The protagonist meeting and fighting with the parent/guardian of the heroine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
It's like saying La Blue Girl should be compared to Naruto
Nice exaggeration there buddy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil|plushie View Post
Why bother? It's all subjective. It's like trying to argue about whether superman can beat goku or whether gundam 00 can beat gundam wing. It's not going to yield any productive results.
So? It's an internet forum. All opinions are subjective, That doesn't mean we can't argue about them. What would be the point of a debate or argument if were just going to say "opinions are like assholes lulz" and drop it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageGaiGar View Post
You can offer suggestions but all I've noticed is you making a one sided argument in favor of KKOW.
I've made suggestions a lot of times, In both the current discussion and on previous occasions. It's just that i cite KKOW when it comes to how i think something is done in a better way and how it should be done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageGaiGar View Post
To your credit, I started reading a couple chapters. I fail to see the comparison of one battle/gag manga (Beelzebub) to the comedy high school antics of KKOW. Shonen? yes. But comparable? Not really. Apples and oranges is more like it.
That's very misleading, So KKOW isn't a battle/gag manga as well? What qualifies as a battle/gag manga in your opinion? And what qualifies as high school antics? All of the former elements are which present in both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinocard View Post
An old man on the street suddenly dies of heart attack. What a development for the old man. But who really care for the random old man on the street? As I have said, if you care for the character enough, even a slight change in them you would catch on and be satisfied. That's the point. You must have enough interest in the character.
So what you're actually saying here is that development is basically perceived by the readers and it not actually may be development? Am i getting that right?

Quote:
When there's such a big adventure/supernatural background in Beelzebub, any retro delinquent high school life manga is a bad comparison imho. Let them be comedic or serious, are nevertheless the yankee slice-of-life type.
But when Beelzebub takes so much from the former and keeps the supernatural element minimal it absolutely deems a comparison.

Quote:
Beelzebub does not describe Oga's everyday life and relationship.
If you mean that since Oga's life is filled with the supernatural and is thus disqualified from the "everyday life and relationships" state I'd strongly disagree with you there. What qualifies as "everyday life and relationships" anyway? I'd say that most manga with a central protagonist are stories about "Everyday life and relationships" of that character be it a story set on mars or on earth.
Poetic Justice is offline   Reply With Quote