View Single Post
Old 2006-09-01, 03:28   Link #1
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

The Order of Haruhi Suzumiya (In what order should this be watched?)

As every fan of the show knows, there are different orders in which it can be watched. The episodes aired in an order determinded by Haruhi, but during each promo, Kyon makes it clear that the chronological order is quite different. In what order would you choose to rewatch this show? Or if you've already rewatched it, what order do you recommend?

Spoiler for Full episode list as aired:

So, to watch it in chronologial order, you'd have to watch the episodes in this order:
2, 3, 5, 10, 13, 14, 4, 7, 6, 8, 1, 12, 11, 9.

Then there is a third option. You can watch Episode 0 first as a prologue. This can work since it is an off-topic teaser which only incidently introduces us to the show. Then watch every other episode in Kyon's order:
1, 2, 3, 5, 10, 13, 14, 4, 7, 6, 8, 12, 11, 9.

Or maybe you'd prefer to watch the show in a random order each time, guided only by fate and luck. That way you might somehow notice a secret of Haruhism that would be hidden by blindly sticking to a predetermined order. Strike down all limits on our perceptions that chain us to the mundane world!

Once you vote, please tell me why you prefer that choice!

Edit by Mod (xris):
It seems NoSanninWa wasn't wearing the recommended tin-foil hat when creating this thread and poll, thus resulting in a number of errors. I hope they have mostly been corrected and that the poll is no longer confusing as to which order is which.

In addition, I would also suggest that the following are points of discussion when you post your own opinions.

1) A recommendation to first time viewers as to which order they should watch?
2) A personal preference as to how you would have preferred to watch the show?
3) A personal preference as to how you intend to rewatch the show?
4) Which order you prefer in general?

By all means, don't limit yourself to the above, feel free do discuss any other topic relevant to the subject at hand.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.

Last edited by xris; 2006-09-01 at 10:15.