View Single Post
Old 2007-02-15, 09:45   Link #83
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Kaioshin, you'll find idiots everywhere. Accept that. Even in the most top-notch series with an extremely niche fandom target, you'll find idiots in it. Of course, the more the popularity of the show, the more idiots you're bound to find. That doesn't make KyoAni bad. In fact, you should consider it a bit strange that you can't enjoy a show without any kind of contact with its fandom. Not liking something because of the people who like it seems kind of strange to me.

Besides, who needs a reason to justify his/her likings? There are so many shows I love I have no idea why (the closest example is ARIA, a show where absolutely nothing at all happens, and even so I can't stop myself from enjoying it). Trying to justify objectively what one likes doesn't make one a good fan, it makes one an extremist bastard. The idiots that liked Kanon 2006 only because KyoAni had a hand in it don't need a reason to like it. KyoAni is their reason enough, and it'd be stupid for me to refrain myself from liking Kanon (a show I haven't seen yet) just because I'm bothered by those idiots. And I'd have a harder time if I didn't like Kanon, and tried to force it through their heads. And it would also be stupid, without mentioning the waste of time. If they enjoy it, let them enjoy it, tastes aren't universal anyways.

Well, back on topic, I find Hirano Aya to be one hell of a seiyuu, and most of times for me a seiyuu can determine whether I like or not a particular character (it's the reason behind my complete WORSHIP of Miu Matsuoka from Ichigo Mashimaro, to name an example). I'm puzzled about how KyoAni will develop this, and if they're going for an AzuDai-type of approach. If they're doing the latter, I'll support them all the way.

PS: Oh, and I've been handed the responsibility of translating the manga in my scanlation group, so one more reason for me to watch it.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote