View Single Post
Old 2012-03-17, 22:53   Link #26349
demino_hellsin
That one guy

They ignore it. I took the concept from the women's planet of Megele in Vandread. With women mostly spear heading society's future, they only focus on the good and tend to ignore everything bad that's happening. Of course there are activists here and there, but they are so sparing and few that they are viewed as irrelevant. No one ever talks about the displaced society, very few are aware there is even such a thing. Even amongst those part of the displaced society, they don't realize they are part of it until someone points it out.

Not all in the displaced society are bad. However even those who haven't succumb to basic urges of need succumb to the hopelessness of their situation. For example, a doctor in the displaced society who is actually running a small practice. He has the skills and the drive to help people, however because of society his great abiities are now limited to a small area. You may urge him to go to a larger hospital to be a greater help but he'd jst laugh and politely refuse "I've tried more times than I can count. But it just doesn't work that way anymore."
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote