View Single Post
Old 2013-02-25, 02:10   Link #5925
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I'm aware of that. The EA had perfectly fine rational for attacking Orb since it was totally reasonable for them to believe they could get their hands on the Mass Driver. But what I'm saying is that after that experience, they should be under no illusions that they won't get much out of Orb if Orb decided to stand it's ground again in Destiny.
Indeed, in Seed, the EA had something to gain from the invasion, they also have something to gain in Destiny by simply waving the threat of invasion in Orbs face, Orb has a military, albeit small, its powerful, the M1 line and Murasame line are pretty powerful for grunts.

Since Orb got a taste of how the EA acted in SEED, of course they would think twice instead of flat out saying no, you don't want to repeat history, better safe than sorry, to put it short.

The decision that was made wasnt about pride, but rather survival of the country (or the seirans).

Quote:
You were pretty adamant that I was drawing "wild conclusions" and "simply overanalyzing the entire situation" for something that was just me expressing my opinion.
Indeed, wild conclusions that you base your opinions on.

Quote:
I'm not saying this would be factor between EA and Orb though.

Well...I wasn't but only because i didn't want to bring this up in an already convoluted debate but just so you know, I think the fact that Orb is a nation that has Coordinators and Naturals living side by side makes the treaty between EA and Orb make even less sense. What about all the Coordinators living in Orb? They were completely ignored as a factor but they would clearly be an issue if Orb just decided to join a force that wants to wipe out all Coordinators...
Indeed they where, which i've also brought up a few pages back when there was a earlier Orb discussion regarding the treaty.

Quote:
Well I'm not denying that either. I'm just saying: Athrun was clearly made out to be more reasonable and logical here which means what he said was made out as exposition and that Orb isn't a country that ZAFT can deal lightly with.
Yes, Athrun was put in command because he didn't act on his emotions.

No, once again, you are assuming that Athruns squad=The entire Zaft army, he was reasoning with his forces at hand, not the entire Zaft army.

The Creuset/Creuzet squad was enough for the stealth/diversion/attack on Heliopolis with severe tactical advantage, doing the same with less manpower, no diversions would be reckless, not to mention suicidal, Athrun knew this, that's why he shot the idea down before it was brought up.

Quote:
But I'm saying Orb acted out of character in Destiny precisely because it's a complete 180 turn from SEED that doesn't make sense. I'm not only taking Destiny into account. I'm saying Orb is only out of character in Destiny.
Country was burned to the ground
Change in leadership
???
Cagalli suddenly had no political power/Profit? for Seirans.

And honestly, Orb acting the way it did after what happened in the earlier episodes of Destiny and in SEED, the way it acted in Destiny does make sense. Atleast more sense than some other parts of the show.
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote