View Single Post
Old 2006-03-26, 02:50   Link #87
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Quote:
Originally Posted by andiyar
And... good riddance, I personally feel. She didn't add much to the show other than being a flat antagonist (as was mentioned earlier). There wasn't anything presented to make us feel sympathetic to her character, apart from a very brief exchange with Shirou back in episode 8. To the plot and continuation of Fate, she isn't necessary.
For the most part, I agree with you... except here. To be momentarily cynical (lol) death in all literature is generally done as a cry for sympathy for a character, which is why it's best used when the audience actually cares about the dying character.
Spoiler:
she hadn't really given the audience a chance or reason to care for her
Spoiler:
so her death was merely a progression in the plot as opposed to any final development for a character. Which is why I think it was a crappy death scene, because there's no reason why they couldn't have explored her backstory and given the audience a reason to care that she died. Of course, the possibility exists that she isn't dead... Anyway, my point is that I think her character is an example of wasted potential.

Also, as far as the fight scene was concerned, I'm convinced that the problem wasn't pacing, but the fact that they used so many shounen action cliches. It just killed the atmosphere, IMO.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote