View Single Post
Old 2009-06-25, 19:08   Link #15
dnab
anime berkeley

Posting more would get this dangerously close of being booted into the Ontology thread. So I'm gonna try winding down here.

Kyon is the readers' lens for the past and present, and there should be just One present (not counting parallel dimensions etc.). But beyond that the future is full of possibilities - so much so that someone from Mikuru's time will have to send someone to now in order to stabilize their time with action parameters (usually performed by Kyon, influenced by Mikuru who could have been engineered towards his taste). If there is just One future then there's no need for these activities. Let's say Kyon missed some of the required parameter inputs (say he doesn't find the chip or save the inventive kid) the world will not go into oblivion, but the future(s) where time travel is possible will be eliminated, along with Mikuru and Fujiwara whether they're from the same timeline or not. But multiple futures are possible at critical points where Kyon, in his free will, chooses his actions.

There are enough hints to suggest that Mikuru isn't 100% natural, and I don't mean her boobs. She's either got machines implanted in her or, more interestingly, engineered along and within her. She probably IS a time machine. Whatever transtemporal communicating device inside her ear, and that TPDD thing on her face, of all places. Apologies for treading old theories, but it's all news to me.