View Single Post
Old 2009-11-02, 19:03   Link #29
Ghostfriendly

I'm pretty annoyed with all the cuts, but they did restrict themselves to what Hawkeye/Marco had experienced, and could actually have told Ed/Scar about. Thankfully the explanation for the burn scars obscuring Riza's tatoo will have to be included later; Dr Knox's conversation with Marco, and Kimbley's experience with regard to the Rockbells' and his own arrest, will also probably turn up when those characters appear again (Knox is so brilliantly crusty here, I'm really looking forward to his later appearance).

The shooting of Fessler probably won't turn up, since none the characters involved are around any more, but I admit I'd rather have that scene cut than lose Mei's squeeing over Alphonse-Sama.

Overall though, this part of the manga felt like a complete and powerful story rather than an insertion. Seeing Scar's side of the story earlier was nice, but I really don't see why they couldn't have taken another episode. Hope that Mustang's drink with his squad turns up as well, since the squad reappear in the closing manga chapters.

Last edited by Ghostfriendly; 2009-11-02 at 19:25.