View Single Post
Old 2013-03-18, 22:23   Link #90
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Didn't Makishima's original revolution scheme (i.e. the one involving him and Choe) take a lot of planning and work? I vaguely recall Kougami speculating that Makishima's plan there must have required months of preparation and work.
Yeah, but Makishima has been active for YEARS. In that time frame, the helmet plot is rather a short term excursion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Perhaps Makishima's "other activities" during that time was just a way for him to keep the police distracted from his main activities, while also being a form of entertainment to Makishima.
Most of his other activities were done in secret, which in many cases would preclude being able to distract the police. And I don't think you need to distract the police when they're already ignoring anybody with a crime coefficient under 100. No. There's no utilitarian value to a revolution in what Makishima does. Makishima "judges" people because he wants to judge people. For a mix of intellectual/visceral gratification.

I mean, look at the Hyper-Oats plot. Doesn't this come off as a more spur of the moment reaction to finding out Sybil's true nature rather than some long term plan?