View Single Post
Old 2008-12-23, 21:02   Link #58
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim View Post
I am not sure how much of this is mentioned in the game or it's just my imagination based on her picture in the game but I keep seeing Rosa as someone with a soft voice who can be mistaken for a younger person. I like Orikasa Fumiko but her normal (read cute) voice doesn't really sound much more fitting for older characters than Noto's. How about Yukino Satsuki (Shion/Mion seiyuu). She can do the nice voice, she can be very scary (I think we have all watched Higurashi) and has experience with older (read non-teen) sounding characters. And she excels at scenes where her character scolds someone and Rosa does that a lot.
Noto Mamiko or Orikasa Fumiko could be good choices for Kyrie, btw.

How about Imoue Kikuko as Virgilia?
My biggest problem with Noto is actually how her voice has a lingering tone that either gives the following vibes: moe/slow/retarded/prone to give a question mark on the said character.
Vaguely enough, it gives too much "innocence" (even in her performance as Rin in Mnemosyne), hence why I feel her absolutely not fitting for any kind of character past the twenties without some kind of VERY sweet aspect.
You can say, it is pretty similar to Horie persistent "cutie fluff" in her voice, even if she uses different tones (like Naru from LH or Eri from SR)

Yukino would somehow cut it, though ironically, her normal voice lacks of some sweet and "close" aspect, when she doesn't voice an highschooler (we are jumping from the extremes ). She would obviously work well with serious aspect though.

But as for Kyrie, I think a totally different Seiyuu would be needed, such like Honda Takako (Touko from Kara no Kyoukai).

Quote:
You seem to be joking but just in case - I think Krauss is too much of a loser to merit the almighty Nakata George. One would start to wonder how come the other characters dare accuse him of anything.
half joke actually
To be honest, I think a voice similar to Nakata-sama (or himself but watered down) would be fitting, minus Nakata's usual imposing/charismatic aura. That's why it is overkill to begin with, but as a gut feeling, the "tone" and the "depth" of the voice should be kinda similar, but the aura is obviously not matching. (well, Nakata CAN sound very very funny, like corporal giroro or Neko chaos )

Now the biggest challenge would be... a proud, yet mature and reponsible voice for Natsuhi.