Thread: Licensed Strike Witches 2
View Single Post
Old 2010-09-27, 03:53   Link #882
Jof12788
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezilled View Post
Am I the only one who thought that when Yoshika healed the bird and made it fly away again, there would be another witch who will fall down from the sky and deliver a letter or something to welcome an upcoming third season?

But seriously, disbandment of 501st and Yoshika as a commoner with no magic powers? I raged hard. Second season could have been better if there's a few plot devices or points to earlier episodes in a preparation for the final boss, just like the copycat Neuroi and the surprise drama from the first season. Secondly, it should have been explained more on Yoshika's father shenanigans. I really didn't like his ghost-esque, voiced appearance and his asspull research on newtype Strike Unit named Shinden. Thirdly, there's is none as of yet.

Despite everything was like a rehash from the S1, the sixth episode was beyond god tier. "I will go to the ends of the world with you!" said Eila as she conveyed her thoughts to Sanya. Sanya and Eila shipper here with his cool pair of glasses.

(Perhaps this is my first time I've written a review to SW, and it's severely late. My sincere apologizes.)
You're not alone. I also expected another witch to fall from the sky as well. Instead, we get one last sad depressing image of the badly damaged Shinden laying on the beach alongside Reppumaru.

Personally, I wished this series was 24 episodes instead of 12. If not, long enough to give us some plot devices, more screentime for the newer characters that ended up being just cameos (except for Marseille,) and fanservice. In other words all the things that made season 1 great.
Jof12788 is offline   Reply With Quote