View Single Post
Old 2012-12-27, 17:10   Link #3821
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Another bunch of impressions:
JustyxNasty: I completed the VN and liked it very much, although it wasn't probably as awesome as other whirlpool VNs. I was surprised that there was no true route, but given that the story was very light-hearted (or hardly present at all) in general, a true route wouldn't fit so much + there wasn't really a "true heroine" to be used either. And a few confessions happened rather suddenly as did the first ecchi scene. Even though the JustyxNasty event was the final chapter of the VN it was nice that it was build up differently in Karin's, Hibiki's and Mikaru's route. The rabu-rabu was lovely.
As for the girls: Likeable and cute. The constant clash between Mana and Kirie was a bit annoying after the 3rd+ playthrough and I wondered why Kiyoharu never commented or "scolded" Mana for her constant chest-size remarks.
Karin's "marry or die" family rule was constantly used in all routes, but her route was one of my most favorite ones. I wished they spent more time on Kiyoharu's sword abiliy sooner than roughly by the end of the individual routes.

Kimi e okuru, sora no hana: Only Matsuri's route. To be honest: If it had been published as all-age it would have been better IMHO. A ghostxhuman relationship isn't too strange given that I enjoyed the Tasogare Otome x Amnesia manga, but the ecchi in Matsuri's route was uhm, too strange. Other than that her route was touching at many points. According to the walkthrough each route except of Ann's route has more than one ending, so obviously I choose only those endings where the "title" in the walkthrough sounds like the happy ending .
Spoiler for Matsuri Ending:
. It was also nice that her story has a direct connection with the MCs ability to interact with ghosts.
I'm extremly wary of Sekka's route as her vndb character description has a yandere tag . The not-so-good: The MC is rather too passive or reactionary. I don't mind that he's ignoring the ghost-seeing-ability normal in every sense, but it hasn't seemed like he does much at all. I'm looking forward to Ann's route and maybe Kanna. Hinagiku's general impression is too much tsun-tsun and cold with no sign of dere-dere in the common route

Natsuzora no Perseus: . Ren's and Ayame's route were bad and the ecchi felt in general randomly placed. I can't even find the words to express it. Ayame's started out nice, but the major part of it surrounding her change in character (which was explained fine enough in-verse) just felt bad for me. And Ren's route, the blood-related sister, was somewat creepy. The incest relationship was simply not developed how I prefered it even for a more heavier/serious-toned brotherxsister route. At least when she finally vented her built-up feelings and painful thoughts out, was done quite impactful.
Sui's route was in that regard more normal despite that the confession -> ecchi order was reveresed. Her drama felt a bit lame, but more acceptable. I hope the final route aka Touka's will be the "highlight" in a positive way.

Edit: Finished Natsuzora no Perseus. And my opinion is more or less the same. Touka's route was the highlight of the VN. From the other three routes Sui's was still normal and thus better.

Last edited by Mahou; 2012-12-28 at 09:26.
Mahou is offline   Reply With Quote